Here, we are going to discuss about Plural Demonstrative Pronouns
These & Those
These: (for 'near' objects)
- These are alphabets.
- These are my boxes.
- These are text books.
- These are not regular students.
- These are not children.
- Are these your pens?
- Are these plants?
- These were my papers.
- These are SEO tips.
- These are useful websites.
- When we are talking about more than one Person/Place/Thing/Animal/Bird/Matter/Time, and if ther're nearby the speaker, the demonstrative 'these' is used to demonstrate those objects.
Those: (for 'far' objects)
- Those are cattle.
- Those are shops.
- Those are stars.
- Those are clouds.
- Those are not tall trees.
- Those are not your kids.
- Those are not ships.
- Are those our pads?
- Are those antique coins?
- Are those leaves?
- When we are talking about more than on Person/Place/Thing/Animal/Bird/Matter/Time, and if they're far from the speaker, the demonstrative 'those' is used to demonstrate those objects.
Turn into your mother tongue.
1. These are mobiles. Those are laptops.
2. These are girls. Those are boys.
3. These are women. Those are men.
4. These are ladies. Those are gents.
5. These are lions. Those are lioness.
6. These are tigers. Those are tigresses.
7. These are cows. Those are bullocks.
8. These are heroes. Those are heroines.
9. These are actors. Those are actresses.
10. These are dogs. Those are bitches.
11. These are horses. Those are mares.
12. These are cocks. Those are hens.
13. These are peacocks. Those are peahens.
14. These are gods. Those are goddesses.
15. These are bridegrooms. Those are brides.
16. These husbands. Those are wives.
17. These are drivers. Those are conductors.
18. These are trees. Those are plants.
19. These are phrases. Those are sentences.
20. These are prepositions. Those are conjunctions.
- Use 'These' in place of 'This' and 'Those' in place of 'That'.
- Make other changes where necessary.
1. This is a book. That is a notebook.
2. This is a pen. That is a pencil.
3. This is my class. That is your class.
4. This is not a laptop. That is not a monitor.
5. This is a key board. That is calculator.
6. This is not a black board. That is not a white board.
7. This is not a mouse. That is not a cat.
8. This is not a shop. That is not an office.
9. This is not a wall. That is not fence.
10. This is a teacher. That is a student.
11. This is a conductor. That is a driver.3
12. This is a taxi. That is a cab.
13. This is a bus. That is a train.
14. This is a farm. That is a well.
15. This is a pond. That is a lake.
16. This is a river. That is a stream.
17. This is a Hindi movie. That is an English movie.
18. This is a girls’ hostel. That is a boys’ hostel.
19. This is a Punjabi girl. That is a bihari boy.
20. This is a pop singer. That is a religious singer.
21. This is a news paper. That is a general.
22. This is a sparrow. That is a crow.
23. This is a monument. That is a pole.
24. This is a big ground. That is a small ground.
25. This is a red code. That is blue code.
26. This is a tall tree. That is a short tree.
27. This is our garden. That is your garden.
28. This is an SSC paper. That is a BCA paper.
29. This is a green apple. That is a ripe apple.
30. This is an orange. That is a banana.
By Kishan Rathod-(+91)8347262428
6:36:00 PM Share: