Most Imp New MCQs for Coming Competitive Exams
By Angel English Academy-Jasdan
Pro. Kishan Rathod-8347262428
Set-1 1 to 100 MCQs: pdf
1. ….. whom do the people work and earn?
A. In B. For
C. Around D. Why
2. ….. ‘you’ a noun or a pronoun?
A. Do B. Have
C. Are D. Is
3. ….. you ….. up the form for next exam?
A. How fill B. Did filled
C. Will fill D. When will
4. 400 videos ... already ... by Angel for English on YouTube.
A. are uploaded B. have uploaded
C. are been uploaded D. have been uploaded
5. A policeman asked a girl what ... name was.
A. she B. hers
C. herself D. her
6. He reminds us ….. Paul Walker.
A. about B. of
C. for D. with
7. I ….. English now.
A. can speak B. can be speak
C. can speaking D. am speak
8. I am in .... hostel now.
A. boy's B. boys's
C. boys D. boys'
9. Kishan sir is very much fond …. teaching English.
A. between B. from
C. of D. for
10. I would not allow you to enter .......... showing me a pass.
A. without B. for
C. about D. before
11. …….. a telephone call, the driver turned up for extra duty.
A. having got B. being got
C. having been got D. had got
12. Mr. Bajpai spoke in…….. a way that all were surprised.
A. the same B. which
C. such D. none
13. Find out ‘Adverb’ from the following options.
A. good B. honestly
C. other D. people
14. ……..sun shines very brightly in summer.
A. An B. A
C. The D. That
15. He just cannot sleep. He spent………. lying awake in the bed.
A. all of the night B. all night
C. hole night D. whole night
16. ……… dogs seldom bite.
A. Barks B. Bark
C. Barked D. Barking
17. Tomorrow my bicycle……… by any one.
A. is stoles B. stolen
C. was stolen D. will be stolen
18. What time did you arrive…… the station?
A. in B. by
C. on D. at
19. China has…… people than Canada.
A. few B. fewer
C. some D. more
20. Did there bus come on time?
A. their’s B. theirs
C. their D. None of three
21. The abstract noun of ‘young’ is ………
A. Youngster B. Youth
C. Younger D. Younker
22. The thief was on good terms with the police:
A. Kept terms and conditions B. Was friend
C. Followed the them D. Agreed with them
23. Traffic ……… by the school-boys now.
A. is being controlled B. is controlled
C. is controlling D. controlled
24. Do you know who ……….T.V.?
A. invented B. inventor
C. invently D. invention
25. Katrina and …. read together.
A. me B. I
C. mine D. her
26. We need not have worried about the math exam. It was …..(very easy).
A. a hot potato B. a piece of cake
C. a bun in the oven D. a cold drink
27. John put………… his clothes and went out.
A. through B.with
C.on D. on
28. Choose the correct pronoun that can replace the underlined word.
Rohan is writing a report on Thoms Edison.
A. them B. it
C. he D. him
29. ……… everybody was safe and sound.
A. Lucky B. unluck
C. luck D. Luckily
30. He was lonely and aching……love.
A. about B. for
C. with D. in
31. ……… learning is a dangerous thing.
A. Little B. A Little
C. Few D. A Few
32. Will you mind……………sitting there?
A. I B. me
C. my D. mine
33. Laxmi…………. to computer classes on Monday and Fridays.
A. go B. goes
C. going D. were going
34. He denied that he ….a liar.
A. was not B. is not
C. will not be D. was
35. He will not object….. my proposal.
A. in B. at
C. to D. into
36. Rehan ate…… .
A. four breads B. four bread
C. four pieces of bread D. four pieces of breads
37. I…. your house yesterday.
A. passed by B. past by
C. passing by D. pasting by
38. The man … his hands… his pockets was standing at the gate.
A. within, to B. for, under
C. with, from D. with, in
39. Find the wrong spelling.
A. Amusement B. Investigation
C. illustetion D. Achievement
40. તેઓ તાજા અને ઉતમ ગુણવતા વાળા હતા.
A. They fresh and of best quality. B. They was fresh and of best quality
C. They were fresh and of best quality D. They are fresh and of best quality
41. …..you wish it, it shall be done.
A. yet B. though
C. all though D. since
42. Can you hope…..the stars?
A. count B. to count
C. counting D. to counting
43. Dave has got….email address.
A. A B. an
C. the D. a
44. …..you go, you will find people with certain problem.
A. Where B. Wherever
C. Whenever D. Whoever
45. Change the voice : He teaches us grammar
A. Grammar is being taught to us by him. B. We are being taught grammar by him.
C. Grammar is being taught us by him. D. We are taught grammar by him.
46. ….. you ever been a super star ?
A. Have B. Had
C. Was D. Were
47. Hardly had we reached the 3D cinema house ….it began to rain.
A. while B. when
C. then D. which
48. .All my colleagues in the office often share….lunch.
A. each other B. one another
C. one another’s D. each other’s
49. ….. Sagar Samrat is….. big ship.
A. A-a B. A-the
C. The-a D. The-the
50. I am a doctor ….. my wife is a nurse.
A. when B. while
C. so D. because
51. I feel better today than yesterday. (Change the degree)
A. I feel the best today.
B. I didn’t feel better today than yesterday.
C. Yesterday didn’t feel so well as than today.
D. I didn’t feel so well yesterday as today.
52. ….. it stopped raining when we started our journey.
A. As soon as B. Hardly had
C. No sooner did D. Nevertheless
53. He is richer than …..
A. me B. her
C.him D. I
54. ….. you go really? You only arrived an hour ago!
A. Should B. Must
C. Can D. How
55. The bride was dressed ….. white ….. head ….. foot.
A. with-from-to B. in-from-to
C.with-to-from D. in-on-below
56. Let’s go to see ‘Bahubali’
A. I have seen it already B. I am seeing now.
C. I saw it already. D. I would like it.
57. When you were young, ….. you climb a tree ?
A. did B. could
C. how D. should
58. The athletes who ….. the games are called competitors.
A. enter B. entered
C. while entering D. are
59. He has no girl friends.
Here ‘girl’ is used as …..
A. common noun B. singular number
C.an adjective D. female
60. You speak so ….. that I can’t understand properly
A. fast B. fastly
C. slow D. nice
61. No one can help you, ….. ?
A. can he B. can she
C. can they D. can’t you
62. Mount Everest is …. highest peak.
A. a B. an
C. the D. no article
63. Hetsi is talking with Nisarg as she has fallen in love with ….. .
A. he B. him
C. her D. his
64. How often do you play cricket?
A. On Tuesday. B. For two hours.
C. Almost every day. D. With your brother.
65. Shall we go ….. with new project?
A. in B. on
C. for D. up
66. Mr.X ….. at the University since 1990.
A. has been teaching B. has been taught
C. is teaching D. was teaching
67. Do you think this is something ….. can be learned?
A. who B. that
C. how D. what
68. How long did Jhanvi study last night?
A. with her friend. B. in her room.
C. Maths and Science D. for three hours.
69. Pintu is too much upset today as he has a lot of home work and he ….. like
to do home work.
A. doesn’t B. don’t
C. isn’t D. hasn’t
70. Mayank is a ….. boy. He doesn’t do his any work systematically.
A. careless B. care
C. careful D. carelessly
71. Gifts ..... among the students now.
A. are distributing B. were distributing
C. are being distributted D. are being distributed
72. He was too much busy as he was ..... his home work
A. was doing B. doing
C. was being done D. did
73. We ..... to the cinema tonight. We have a lot of work to finish.
A. are going B. will b going
C. were going D. are not going
74. Plants .... by the gardener, see.
A. are being watered B. are watering
C. are being watering D. are watered
75. The river ..... very fast after this rain stops.
A. flows B. will be flowing
C. is flowing D. has flowed
76. This is my mobile, where is ..... ?
A. yours B. your’s
C. your D. your’re
77. My father is a farmer but yours ..... an advocate.
A. am B. is
C. are D. does
78. Listen, a nice song ….. .
A. is singing B. has sung
C. was being sung D. is being sung
79. Look, many students ….. kites.
A. are fly B. are flown
C. are flying D. are being flown
80. Do you know the reason ........ she has left sudy?
A. when B. why
C. how D. where
81. News .... good.
A. is B. has
C. are D. must
82. Once, I have visited America. I know ….. cities there.
A. few B. a few
C. little D. a little
83. Look, a new missile …. .
A. is launched B. is launch
C. is being launch D. is being launched
84. ‘Kites’ …. the plural form of kite.
A. is B. are
C. have D. do
85. Susan sits ………. the tree.
A. under B. up
C. her D. she
86. You and I are doing our work,…….?
A. aren’t we B. aren’t you
C. are we D. aren’t I
87. Find out the wrong pair.
A. man- men B. photo- photoes
C. foot- feet D. mouse- mice
88. There ……. a lot of people at our party yesterday.
A. were B. was
C. am D. is
89. ………. to the White Rann of Kuchch recently?
A. Have you ever been B. Are you ever
C. Have you ever D. Did you ever have
90. We shall /go out / if it does not rains. / No Error.
(A) (B) (C) (D)
91. Give synonym of “ascend”
A. Mountion B. Climb
C. Hill D. None
92. Param said to Vandana, “Are you willing?” Turn into Indirect narration.
A. Param asked Vandana whether was she willing
B. Param told Vandana whether was she willing
C. Param aske Vandana if she was willing?
D. Param asked Vandana if she was willing.
93. Find the adjective in the following sentence.
The sweet apple was purchased by my father.
A. apple B. sweet
C. my D. purchased
94. While targeting the goal of life, he met….. triumph and disaster.
A. after B. with
C. Not attempted D. for
95. Run, our principal……… here.
A. came B. comes
C. coming D.is coming
96. The officer gave him ……… stamps.
A. used B. using
C. is used D. was used
97. Before the world – war II ended, USA…….two Japanese cities with atom bomb.
A. had been attacking B. attacked
C. had attacked D. had been attacked
98. An honest person will never cheat anyone ……… he gets a golden gift.
A. even though B. even if
C. because D. if
99. Give the meaning of the idiom, “to draw a blank”
A. To succeed B. To fill up the blank
C. To fail D. None
100. Listen, a great leader…….. now.
A. was speaking B. has spoken
C. is speaking D. speaks
Best of Luck!
English Learning Web/Blog:
English Learning Videos:
1700 MCQs ની સરસ બુક માટે આજે જ સંપર્ક કરો
Kishan sir – 8347262428 (Whatsapp)
5:47:00 PM Share: